Monday 20 May 2013

CAS(E) this Sketch #28

Hi there

I've only ever entered one challenge over at CAS(E) this Sketch so when I saw this week's sketch I wanted to have a go as I love the layout.

I had a shuffle through my stamps and decided to use a stamp set I've had for years, it was one of my very first stamp purchases and hasn't seen the light of day since I've been blogging.  Its the Perfectly Clear 'Window Box' set by Stampendous.  I combined this with a few extras (hearts and sentiment) from a couple of my sets from Clearly Besotted Stamps and came up with this card.

 



This is the fabulous sketch we were given to work with...



I stamped the images using Impress ink then coloured with Promarkers.  I then had my first experience of using Glossy Accents...wow, I'm addicted, this stuff is fantastic!  I used this to highlight the hearts and then added some black gemstones to the flower centres.  I framed the card on a black mat to bring it all together.

Materials used:
  • Cardstock: Crafters Companion - Neenah Classic Crest Card; Card base and black card from stash
  • Stamps: Stampendous - Perfectly Clear 'Window Box, Clearly Besotted Stamps - Many Thanks (hearts) and Paired Up (sentiment)
  • Ink: Impress - Jet Black
  • Promarkers: Poppy and Cocktail Pink
  • Accents: Ranger - Glossy Accents; Hobbycraft - 3mm Adhesive Gems

Right, I'm now starving as I got into crafty mode as soon as I came home from work and haven't yet had my tea!  Off to raid the kitchen :)

Thanks for popping by and as always I really appreciate any comments :) xx




6 comments:

  1. Those hearts are simply gorgeous!

    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how a simple sketch can turn out so beautifully. I have that stamp and like you, haven't used it in years. I think the frame put me off. Now I'm inspired to see what I can create with it so thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and great use of the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh LOVE this Neet! I love the combo of stamps...great composition! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...