Friday 24 May 2013

To My Brother

Hi guys

I'm here today to share a card I made for my brother's birthday.  I couldn't upload it until now in case he saw it (like he's going to be interested in cardmaking and view my blog anyway!!!)

I used one of my new Wild Rose Studio stamps and thought I'd have some more practice with my ProMarkers and FlexMarkers.  They are all mixed up in a box at the moment so its a nightmare to go through them and find colours that blend although I may have found an inexpensive solution in my hunt for marker storage.  I'll update you soon if it works! :)

Anyway, on to the card, and apologies again for the photography, I'm still trying to find an ideal spot to get the best light...

 
 
My bro probably won't be happy with the tubbiness of this little guy but I thought he looked quite similar! And anyway, he should be pleased as I've given him more hair! :)
 
I didn't want to overload the outside of the card so I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment on the inside.
 
I really struggle to make masculine cards with what I have in my stash so I thought this would be a good time to enter the latest challenge over at The Paper Players where the brief is to make a CAS masculine card.  I'm quite pleased with my colouring effort on this one so I'm also entering it for the I Love ProMarkers challenge which this week is 'Anything Goes'.
 
Materials used:
  • Stamps: Wild Rose Studio - Time for a Pint; Personal Impressions - To My... (Sue Dix)
  • Ink: Impress - Jet Black
  • Dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities - Reverse Wonky Rectangles; MFT Die-namics - Fishtail Flag Stax
  • Cardstock: Southfield - Premium Pure White Card 200gsm; Card base from stash
  • Design Paper: Hot Off The Press - Cardmaker's Ultimate Pack (Floral)
  • Coloured with ProMarkers and FlexMarkers
  • Dew drops from stash
 
Thanks for popping by, I made another card for another challenge last night so I'll be back with that in a while once I've photographed it.
 
TTFN :)
 


3 comments:

  1. What a fun card, Anita! Your shading looks fantastic, too. I'm sure your brother will love it. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab card ,love the CAS design and great image
    Thanks for joining us at I love promarkers and good luck
    Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card, love the image and clean style. Thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...