Wednesday 17 July 2013

Retro Spots

Hi there

Earlier today I had an idea in my head of another design I could try for the current Clearly Besotted Challenge #2 which is 'Seeing Spots'.  I thought I'd try making a quick card by die cutting the 'spots' and stamping various patterns behind them, on the base card.  Yes it worked but it definitely wasn't quick! 

This is very different to anything I've made before, both in design and colour, but I actually really like it and I think its a great masculine card, my stock of which is virtually non-existent!

Here it is...


 
I started by adhering some white cardstock onto some lime green to create a frame, I then die cut the three circles through both layers of card.  The next part took a fair bit of planning!  I roughly pencil marked onto the base card where each of the circles would sit.  I then masked around each of them, one at a time so I could stamp the various designs.  The die cut piece was then adhered to the base card.  I curved the sentiment stamps to follow the curve of the circles and finished with some blue gemstones.
 
I am also entering this card into the latest challenge at Color Throwdown.  I thought these colours would work really well with the chevrons and stripes to create a retro feel.  I don't have the ink colours stated here but I used the closest I had in my stash.
 

Materials used:
  • Cardstock: White card from stash; Bazzill Basics Premium Cardstock (green)
  • Dies: X-cut - Nesting Circle Dies
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted Stamps - Basic Chevrons, Basic Stripes, Building Blocks and A Little Sentimental
  • Ink: Versa Color - Cyan, Royal Blue, Khaki and Brown
  • Gems: Papermania - Adhesive Stones Blue


To make this 'quick' card, photograph it while I still had some decent daylight, and then blog it has taken a lot longer than I thought and my poor tummy is rumbling away!  So, I'm now off to the kitchen to create something else! :)

Thanks for visiting and I'll hopefully be back in a day or so to share more. 

Have a lovely evening folks x


 

4 comments:

  1. Love your retro card! The way you curved the sentiment around the circles looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever Anita and it's turned out marvellously - you should be very proud of this one! Perfect for the challenge too, thank you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great retro card! Love the curved sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super fabulous design...love how you used the circles and the sentiment placement looks awesome!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...