Thursday 12 September 2013

Floral Retirement

Hi guys

It's feeling very autumnal all of a sudden, don't you think?  Its dark when I get up in the morning and I'm only finding about an hour of daylight in the evening after work to do some crafting before I have to resort to artificial light :(

That's the problem I had when I created this card last night.  I didn't want to take the photo in artificial light so I took it this morning just before I left for work but it wasn't really bright enough so I had to tweak the brightness and highlights slightly.  I think I'll have to start using my daylight lamp over the next few months as, unless I wait until the weekend to take the photos (which is difficult if I need to send the card or catch a challenge in time!) I won't be home in daylight hours.

Anyway, here's the card I made which is for a colleague who is leaving to retire.




I used a mix of Clearly Besotted stamp sets for this one.  Its a one layer card which involved some masking which I do with post-it notes.  I did make it in a bit of a rush and realised afterwards that I forgot to add the leaves!  But I love the stripes I placed along the bottom, they ground everything really well.

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted Stamps - Flower Arrangements, Basic Stripes and Happy Days
  • Ink: Versa Color - Grape, Ash Rose, Orchid, Heliotrope, Petal Pink and Green; Versafine - Onyx Black

The Happy Days sentiment stamp set is fantastic, there are three different bold 'Happy' fonts and lots of other occasion sentiments to mix and match.  I'll be using this one A LOT!

I also have another card to share with you tonight so please pop back in a short while :)

Bye!


1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...