Sunday 24 November 2013

Chalkboard Thank You

Hi there

Last night I decided to have a go at the chalkboard technique as I wanted to enter the current challenge at Muse.  I had absolutely no idea how to go about this so I found a link to a video where Marion Vagg, this week's fabulous muse, shares how to create this effect.  You can find her video here

So here's my card, I waited until this morning so I could photograph it in daylight.  I have kept the layout and the colours almost the same as Marion's card, just changing up the stamps.  Not bad for a first attempt, eh!



 
 
Materials used:
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted Stamps - Leafy Accents and Many Thanks
  • Ink: VersaMark; Versa Color - White
  • Embossing Powder: Stampin' Up - White
  • Punch: Craft Creatives - Mini Paper Punches
  • Gems and cardstock from stash
 
Here is Marion's card...
 


I'm also entering my card for the following Challenges:

2 Sisters Challenge - 171 Thank You
Card Crafter's Circle - 102 Thankful - Thank You
Creative Inspirations - 241 Thanksgiving/Thank You
Papertake Weekly - Giving Thanks


Thanks for dropping by.  I've got a few things to get done today but may be back later this evening if I find some crafty time.  I hope you have a lovely Sunday whatever you're up to.

Take care





13 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Anita and well done on a first attempt at this technique - it's not one I've tried yet but may have to! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great first attempt - I think you got the level of chalk-iness just right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you chose navy blue for your chalkboard technique and your 'heart' flowers are gorgeous with the vines! Such a stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barb. The cardstock is actually black but for some reason looks navy in the pic! Glad you like it though :) xx

      Delete
  4. Love how you've made your little 'blossoms' on this beautifully CAS take on this week's Muse - thanks so much for joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Anita, so pretty! Great use of the technique xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really gorgeous CAS card Anita! Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome job with the technique. You rocked the white embossing! I get it everywhere :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Anita!!! Love the pops of colour!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've achieved an honourable mention with your very first chalkboard card - so thrilled for you - well done! You deserve it - fabulous card. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so delightful! I love your stamping! Thank you for sharing with us at Card Crafter's Circle!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your gorgeous card & congrats on your honorable mention this week at muse - very well deserved:) Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...