Tuesday 19 November 2013

Patterned Paper Bloom

Hi there

Today I'm here to share my card for the current challenge at Less is More where the theme is to 'Use Designer Paper in a CAS Way'.

I don't have a massive collection of patterned paper but what I do have I don't use nearly as much as I could.  So, here is my first proper attempt at stamping on patterned paper.



 

I used the gerbera stamp and first stamped the bottom half in green onto some green patterned paper, then stamped the top half in burgundy onto some pink patterned paper.  The stamp does have a co-ordinating die but I decided to fussy cut the images as I didn't want any white edging.  I coloured the centre of the bloom with a ProMarker.  I used a border die to give some interest to the base of the card and used the same die to cut some matching patterned paper which I used to ground the image.  The stamped images were then adhered directly to the card base and a sentiment was stamped alongside it.

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted Stamps - With Love
  • Ink: Versa Color - Burgundy and Green Tea; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Patterned Paper: Hot Off The Press - Cardmaker's Ultimate Pack (Floral)
  • ProMarker: Antique Pink
  • Die: Stampin' Up Edgelits - Adorning Accents

I wasn't sure I liked this card as it was evolving but I'm really pleased with the finished result.  It made a nice change to try something new :)

That's all for now, I'll shortly be off to grab some ZZZs

Night all

3 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sensational creation for the LIM challenge, Anita!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...