Sunday 23 March 2014

Geometric Birthday

Hi guys

I am still here!  Massive apologies for being missing in blogland this week, I just haven't found any crafty time at all.  Then when I sat down today, after making nothing for over a week my mojo decided to go on strike!  But after a good old shuffle through my stash I managed to create something, finally!

Most of the cards I've made recently have used very feminine and soft colours so I've gone for something completely different today - a clean and graphic design which will be great for a man's card, something I usually really struggle with.




I wanted to take part in the latest challenge at Less is More which is to use three of something.  I then tied this in with the colours from the current challenge at CAS - Colours and Sketches.  I only have one small pack of Stampin' Up cardstock and three of the colours in this pack are the ones chosen for this week's challenge so I had to go with it!

I started by die cutting a rectangle out of the three different colours of cardstock.  I then stamped each rectangle with a different pattern using VersaMark ink before embossing with clear embossing powder to add a gloss finish (and almost burnt my fingers in the process as the rectangles were so small!!).  I created a frame for my white cardstock panel by matting onto some matching Island Indigo cardstock and then, after taking ages to work out where to place everything I stamped the sentiment.

I really like how this turned out.  I was going to just use VersaMark to create the darker patterns but I think the glossiness of the embossing powder really lifts it.

Materials used:

  • Die: Clearly Besotted Stamps - Geometric Style
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted Stamps - Building Blocks and Geometric Style
  • Ink: VersaMark; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Embossing Powder: Rubber Stampede - Clear
  • Cardstock: Stampin' Up - Calypso Coral, Island Indigo, Pool Party; white linen cardstock from stash


Challenge entries:

Less is More - Week 164 - Three of something
CAS - Colours and Sketches - Challenge #66











Thanks as always for your visits, it really does make my day when I see people have visited and left such lovely comments.  I promise not to leave it so long before the next post!


19 comments:

  1. Yes of course I LOVE this !!! A fabulous graphic card in great colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout; love the embossed rectangles. Have been dithering over 'Building Blocks' - you may well have pushed me over the edge! Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, I love the graphic feel to it.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card looks amazing Anita and the glossy look is superb. Great idea. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really cool - I love the subtle patterns on the blocks of colour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. I love how incredibly simple, but truly striking your design is. The definition of elegant simplicity. And I think you were right about the glossy quality. Even in a photo it really helps to pick up the light. Thank you for sharing your design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great CAS masculine card. I love the graphic feel to it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card! As soon as I saw it , I started thinking what stamps I could use to CASE it. Not sure I've commented before, but I follow your blog & love what I see- I like your style.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Neet what a fab take on the challenge, brilliant card for a man too
    Thanks so much for joining us at LIM
    Anne
    LIM Guest commenter

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your graphic design - the embossing on the rectangles provides great texture!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing card and well worth the wait! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a very good card. I love it. So CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW Anita what a super original idea for the 'three' challenge at LIM. I will have to CASE this FAB card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the geometrical design of your card!! The embossing gives it great texture too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I must apologise for my lack of comments over the past few weeks whilst I was on holiday in Australia, but hopefully things should be back to normal now!
    This is brilliant Neet!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it! I think the embossed patterns are just super on your clean, graphic card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great CAS design Anita,love the colours and embossing too :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome card - love how you worked with the colors! The added shine/texture from the embossing is perfect! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love it! Brilliant man card, great use of the colours. Thanks for playing along at CC&S

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...