Sunday 29 June 2014

Just a Wooden Note

Hiya

Yes, I'm still up!  I should be snuggled down in bed by now but I wanted to enter another challenge or three and I'm not sure I'll find the time after work tomorrow to get linked up.

So here's my next card to share with you today (apologies for the bad photography, had to grab the daylight lamp!)...



I used a cream linen effect tri-fold aperture card base that I've had in my stash for years.  I have loads of these but seem to have abandoned them.  They are quite handy for quick makes so I think I'll keep hold of them.  I found some wood-effect patterned paper so I placed some of this behind the ready-made aperture.  I then used a leaf die with some cream textured cardstock and adhered this across the aperture.  I stamped the sentiment in brown ink and finished with a wooden butterfly embellishment.

Materials used:

  • Patterned Paper: Fancy Pants - Country Boutique 6x6 paper pad
  • Cardstock: Papermania Premium Textured Cardstock; card base from stash
  • Die: Clearly Besotted Stamps - Leafy Accents
  • Stamp: Clearly Besotted Stamps - Many Messages
  • Ink: Memento - Rich Cocoa
  • Butterfly embellishment from stash

Challenge entries:

CASology - Week 101 - Wood
Butterfly Challenge #9 - Monochromatic
Crafty Cardmakers - Challenge #118 - Wooden It Be Loverly


Phew, that really is all for today!  I'm off to bed now before a busy week ahead at work. 

Nite all x





11 comments:

  1. Simply gorgeous, Anita ... such calm, serene, soft natural colours! Had a smile at you staying up late to post ... I do the same ... p'raps it's the 'quiet' time! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so elegant and beautiful, Anita! Thanks so much for playing with us at CASology. May

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowsers Anita you've been a busy bee.
    Think I've missed a few of your cards so just sneaked a peek at them and they are all stunning and perfectly CAS.
    Just love your style.
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty and elegant card Anita, Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of the tri fold card. Gorgeous CAS creation with a beautiful butterfly. Thankyou for fluttering by my challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wood two ways! Love how you've incorporated the cue card! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a simple design, but oh so effective! Love the use of wood both in the paper in the aperture and the branch

    Thanks for sharing in our 'wooden' challenge

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers and More

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a lovely CAS card which would suit many occasions. Thank you for joining in my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and More. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab CAS card - thanks for sharing at Crafty Cardmakers.
    Viv.
    CCM DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. A really lovely card with muted colours - thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers & more...

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...