Friday 8 August 2014

Grungy Leaf Thank You

Good morning

As promised I'm back with another card to share today.

I wanted to make a card for Challenge #183 at Less is More before the deadline this evening.  I love the colours in this challenge.  So, here's my card followed by the colour palette we were to use as our inspiration.





I finally managed to get my hands on some stitched dies from Lil' inker Designs so I used one of the ovals here.  I still want to add the circles, squares and rectangles to my stash but they seem to be more elusive here in the UK!  I die cut a leaf from white cardstock and then inked the splatters in the four different colours, gradually building until I was happy with it.  I stamped the sentiment and popped the oval up on 3D foam before adhering the leaf.  A few dew drops were added to complete the card.

Materials used:
  • Dies: Lil' inker Designs - Stitched Ovals; Clearly Besotted - Autumn Flowers
  • Stamps: Lawn Fawn - So Much to Say; Stampin' Up - Gorgeous Grunge
  • Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black, New Spout, Bamboo Leaves; Versa Color - Cyan, Canary
  • Dew drops from stash

I would also like to enter this card at the following challenges:

Love to Create - Challenge #127 - Anything Goes


Right, that's all for now as I'm off to work.  Happy Friday everyone!

PS...It wasn't until I reached the bottom of this post and added my signature that I noticed the colour palette is the same as my blog header! That's clearly why I was drawn to this combo :)


6 comments:

  1. Fab card, great splotchy look on your embellishment !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the challenge Anita and so CAS.
    I have ordered some Die Namics stitched circles, rectangles and squares from Amazon but they are taking an age to come from the States!
    This blogging lark is seriously endangering the bank balance!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Neet!
    I may just have to try something similar!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. HaHa, Good spot on your blog colours Anita!
    Think you deserve an extra prize for that.
    Love your paint spritzing - works fab!
    Thanks as always for joining the fun
    Sarah
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is funny about your header, Anita! I love these colors, too, and I'm totally in love with how you made them come alive on your sweet CASlicious leaf card!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your leaf Anita!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Less is More
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...