Wednesday 24 September 2014

Addicted to Stamps and More #114

Hi guys

Well, at super lightning speed we are back to Wednesday again which means there is a new challenge over at Addicted to Stamps at More.  So, we're back with another theme and this week it's my favourite...

Clean and Simple
We are looking for clean and crisp lines, minimal or no embellishments and lots of 'white' space.

Here is my DT card which is a card I made for one of my good friends for her Big 40 yesterday...



Our Sponsor this week is QKR Stampede and the prize for one lucky winner is 3 free digis!

I started by placing a strip of aqua polka dot patterned paper to the left hand side of my card base.  Next I stamped and die cut the balloon.  Once the ink was completely dry I stamped the '40' in VersaMark ink and then heat embossed with white embossing powder.  Then, on a white cardstock panel I stamped the sentiment vertically to become the string of the balloon before popping the balloon up on 3D foam.  The panel was then popped up on the base card using 3D foam strips before adding a few clear gemstones to complete the card.

Materials used:
  • Patterned Paper: Doodlebug - Kraft in Color, Color
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Sweet Little Sentiments, Make a Wish, Basic Numbers
  • Die: Clearly Besotted - Make a Wish
  • Ink: Versa Color - Celadon; VersaMark; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Opaque Bright White
  • Gems from stash

I would like to enter this card at the following challenge blogs:

A Gem of a Challenge - Challenge #128 - Milestone Birthdays
613 Avenue Create - Challenge #90 - Anything Goes



Please pop over to Addicted to Stamps and More if you want some CAS inspiration, my fellow teamies have produced some stunners this week.  We'd love to see you enter your creations at the challenge this week.

Bye for now


18 comments:

  1. I love how the sentiment anchors the balloon! Such a fun 40th birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love, love, love the sentiment as the balloon string. Genius! Perfect CAS card, I love it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this card, Anita! Your CAS design is so fun, and I love how the scripty font on the sentiment serves as your balloon string! Love that you chose aqua and white, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you used the sentiment instead of a string for your balloon! So creative Anita!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet your friend loves this card! I do like the sentiment string on the balloon and the touch of bling too! Beautiful work,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Card, such lovely and soft colors, its a treat to my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So you got the card made!! I haven't yet done the die technique yet! This card is so elegant and the soft colours perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card. Really fresh looking. Love the colors and design. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea to use the sentiment to anchor the balloon and a great choice of colour. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant use of the sentiment, Anita! And perfect placement of the rhinestones! Love the colors...so fresh and clean!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Anita. This is really lovely. I adore the sentiment string. Something else to go on my shopping list for next week Saturday, when Stephanie from Clearly Besotted is up my end for the stamp fair. :-) Have a great day! hugs Monika xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, Anita. Great idea to use the sentiment as a balloon string.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet CAS design Anita. Love the soft blue and white ... especially polka-dot border --- adorable! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this CAS card! simple and clean, but there are many details! awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You simplicity in cards is simply mind blowing, Love it

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous birthday card! I love you balloon string, so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a fabulous card, such a wonderful CAS design.
    Thank you for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge, make sure you pop back and join us for our Clean and Simple challenge that starts today.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is spectacular! That balloon string is just the sweetest touch :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...