Sunday 12 October 2014

Black and Gold Christmas - Take Two!

Hi guys

Well, as I mentioned in my last post I'm back with another card, this being one which was made up of leftover bits from my last card.

When I was putting this card together it reminded me of the photo inspiration at the current Runway Inspired Challenge so I'm linking this one up there and I've included the inspiration photo below - the black lines alongside the gold, and all that white space around it.

Here's my card, very similar to the last one, just pretty much in reverse.


Here's the Runway Inspired Challenge photo...



So, as I mentioned these were leftovers from my last card.  I used a white linen square card base and glued down the black die cut and then filled in with the little bits of gold holographic card which were also leftover.  I used the same sentiment, this time stamped in black.

I managed to capture the sparkle from the holographic card in this photo...



Materials used:

  • Die: Clearly Besotted - Christmas Tree Die
  • Stamp: Clearly Besotted - Most Wonderful
  • Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Cardstock: Papermania - Black; Anna Marie Designs - white linen square card; holographic from stash

I would also like to link this card up as follows:

Clearly Besotted - Challenge #14 - Christmas 
Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 146 - I always forget about this little challenge and I think I've only linked up there once before.  Apart from the card base and sentiment, this card was all snippets :)


I think that really is all for today now, I really must make an effort to at least do some housework before the weekend is over! 


Take care


21 comments:

  1. Super simple but so effective and elegant.
    Thanks for playing along at PTW this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. CAS perfection yet again Anita, a truly stunning card x

    ReplyDelete
  3. More fabulous trees ... fantastic cards
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! I've made about three cards for the current RIC, all of which I haven't liked, so haven't shared! I really like your version. It captures the big expanse of white with a touch of gold in the inspiration. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how the holographic pattern is inside the swirls on this one! Another beauty, Anita!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning Anita! CAS and so classy.

    I can't find on either your blog or my own that you've played with us previously - so a huge welcome and I hope you come back again soon!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anita, your card is gorgeous ... a great use of the snippet of holographic card. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous CAS card! I love the simplicity of the design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous CAS card, great use of snippets too, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anita, your card just exudes classic elegance! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous inlaid die-cutting Neets! So elegant and classy - thanks for playing along with the Runway Inspired Challenge ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this, I have this die so will defiantly be using your fab idea, thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Neets, saw your lovely card over at the Snippets Playground, and well done on being a featured highlight. What a stunning card, and such clever use of your snippety bits. Those gold inserts just gleam sparkle against the curvy tree die. Just became your newest follower, and looking forward to making a new Playground friend. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely design Anita.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Neets, I too saw your card over at Pixie's Playground and I wanted to say that your card is beautiful. Very elegant. Great work. I am now one of your new followers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have just found your blog via Pixie's Crafty Workshop - love your cards and am now a follower!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...