Thursday 23 October 2014

Just a Ladybird Note

Hi there

This is a really quick post to share a card I've made this evening for the current Less is More challenge where the theme is 'Little Creatures'.

I thought I would have lots to choose from in my stash but it was actually quite limited...apart from butterflies!  I ended up inking up a stamp from a set I've not used before...



This is a teeny card, only 10cm x 10cm.  The little row of ladybirds is from a Country Companions set which was part of a bundle I bought from eBay a while ago.  I hadn't really noticed them until I was specifically looking for some 'little creatures'.  I found a scrap of white cardstock and stamped the ladybirds in black ink and then coloured them with my Inktense pencils, just using a wet brush to pick up the colour from the pencil tip.  I then manipulated the sentiment stamp slightly to follow the curve of the bugs and also stamped this in black.  I used a square die to cut out the design and then matted this onto a scrap of black card, creating a narrow border.  I then popped this up onto the card base using 3D foam.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Country Companions - Sunshine Meadows; SP & Company - Just a Note
  • Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Coloured with Derwent Inktense pencils
  • Die: Xcut - Nested Squares
  • Cardstock from stash

I would also like to enter this card at the following challenge blogs:

Papertake Weekly Challenge - Black and White and...
Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 147 (the white and black mats were cut from cardstock in my scraps as it's such a tiny card)

I hope you're all having a fab week...not long now until the weekend :)

Take care





5 comments:

  1. I'm glad we challenged you this week Neets, because you came up with a real knock-out design! Perfect CAS style and the sentiment following the line of the ladybirds is so clever
    Thanks for joining us at LIM this week
    Anne
    Less is More Designer

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Anita and what a gorgeous little stamp you've found in your stash.
    Love how you sneak in on the last day but you are early this week! LOL!
    Thanks as always for taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so, so cute! Love the LIM with a real punch :) Great to see you playing again too.

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card, Anita! I love your CAS design and the pop of red is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry my visit is a little late this week!
    This is simply brilliant Neet... those ladybugs are the cutest!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...