Wednesday 6 May 2015

A Little Note with A Little Gold

Hi there

Today I'm sharing a clean and simple card I made last night for a few challenges.

I've had this stamp set from Clearly Besotted for ages but never inked it up, it's really great for some quick cards like this one...



I took a panel of white cardstock and die cut a hole using the flower die.  I then adhered some gold mirri card to the back of the aperture.  On the die cut piece I stamped the co-ordinating flower, first in black, then after using my embossing buddy to remove any static, stamped the flower centre in VersaMark and heat embossed with gold powder.  I then stamped the stem and again, after removing any static, stamped the leaves in VersaMark and also heat embossed these in gold.  The die cut flower was then adhered over the gold aperture, but rotated so the gold would show through.  The sentiment was then stamped and the panel was adhered to the card base using 3D foam.  I usually shy away from metallic cardstock as it reminds me of my early days of cardmaking when my creations were, quite honestly, shocking!  But used in minimal amounts I think it can look great.  I knew I kept it in my stash for a reason!

Materials used:

  • Stamps and Die: Clearly Besotted - Pretty Petals Plus
  • Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black; VersaMark
  • Gold mirri card from stash

Challenge entries:

Addicted to CAS - Challenge #62













Happy Little Stampers - May CAS Challenge













AAA Cards - Game #38 - There's a Hole in my Card













Thanks so much as always for visiting.


17 comments:

  1. This is beautiful - love the way you have just a little gold showing at the back of the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! Anita! This is delectable! I absolutely love your design and the clever way you have added your gold elements! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers and ATCAS xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very classy CAS Anita, fab card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so simple, but absolutely awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally perfect... and I love C.B sentiments and the font she uses! It is a keeper, Neets!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. A perfect CAS card Anita. Love all the white space, and love every detail of your beautiful and elegant flower. Gorgeous design. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. Good luck with the DT call. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just stunning Anita! Everything about it is so classy! Good luck with the DT call . . . not that you'll need it! Pleased to be your latest follower! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super yummy and AMAZING CAS perfection Anita. I've got that set and used it once I think - will have to dust it down!
    So thrilled you've played along at AAA Cards and good luck with the DT call at HLS ;-)
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sharp and stylist, a well thought out creation! Love the gold peeking through. Altogether splendid! Thanks for sharing your card with us at AAA Cards. We're having a birthday party hop with presents/prizes on the 10th. Hope to see you there.
    Cheers, Victoria and the AAA Team

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great combination of gold, black and white I love how you used the negative die cut to create the gold petals - so pretty! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful card with us at AAA Cards! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stunning card, Anita! I love your CAS design and how you played with the color combo...Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My apologies...I also meant to say thank you so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS! We always enjoy seeing your creations in the gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a glorious CAS card Anita ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great take on the colour challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just beautiful...love your sweet flower.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gosh this is gorgeous!! You know I love all that fabulous white space and love how you die-cut the flower and turned it slightly, genius!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Only one word: GORGEOUS! Swooning...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...