Sunday 21 June 2015

For You, Dad

Hi guys

It's Father's Day today here in the UK.  I sadly lost my dear Dad in 2005 after a short battle with cancer so I always find special days like this pretty tough, especially as he was taken from us at only 57 years of age :(  He was such a lovely man so the happy memories always make it a little easier.


But, although my Dad is no longer here I did make a card for Matt's dad for Father's Day.  Here it is...



On a panel of kraft cardstock I stamped the little gardening image and coloured this with FlexMarkers.  I then stamped the sentiment, the Dad part then die cut with its co-ordinating die and popped up on 3D foam.  I matted the panel onto some striped patterned paper and then adhered flat to the kraft card base.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Little Claire - one of their Dinkies stamps (unknown name); Clearly Besotted - My Hero (with co-ordinating die) and Happy Everything
  • Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Versa Color - Bark
  • Patterned Paper: Lawn Fawn - Let's Polka
  • Cardstock: Neenah - Desert Storm

Challenge entries:

Creative Inspirations - Challenge #318 - Male Creations
Loves Rubberstamps - Challenge #156 - Masculine Theme
Crafty Cardmakers - Challenge #141 - For a Man or Boy
Crazy 4 Challenges - Challenge #290 - Masculine Card


I'll be back again in a while with another card I made last night.

Happy Father's Day to all the lovely dads out there :)




9 comments:

  1. Love the robin on the spade. It reminds me of the card Nich set her Dad this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs to you today, Neets, from another who will be missing her Dad today... your card for your FIL is fantastic, and will be loved I'm sure of it!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Father's Day card! Thanks for joining us this week at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Father's Day card for Matt's dad, Anita. Love the sweet gardening images and that fun, striped border. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous masculine card, and I love the font on the sentiment! Hope you had a lovely Father's Day with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great card! I love the C&S style of it! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is fabulous!

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous CAS Card! Thanks for joining our challenge over at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet card!! Beautiful image!
    Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Inspirations!
    Hugs, Barbara GR

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...