Saturday 6 June 2015

Sunset Colours

Good morning, crafters

Firstly, I apologise that my last post was a whole week ago.  Life just seems to get in the way of crafting some times and time has just flown by without finding a window to create anything, other than what I'm sharing today.

There is a new challenge over at Less is More this morning and for Week 227 we are back with a Colour Challenge and we would like you to use the colours of a...

Sunset


So, without further ado, here are my cards to hopefully give you some inspiration.

For my first card I chose the colours you automatically visualise when you first think of a sunset, reds, oranges and yellows.




I started by die cutting a panel using a diagonal stitched rectangle die.  I then stamped the sentiment and the gorgeous bloom.  I then chose some FlexMarkers and coloured each petal blending a red, orange and yellow.  I don't have tonnes of colours to chose from but with some perseverance I think I managed to blend them ok.  This took quite some time to colour but I think the effect was worth it! I was going to mount this white panel alone on my card base but it looked a little lost so I cut a smaller rectangle of orange cardstock using the same die set and layered this underneath one corner.

Materials used:
  • Dies: MFT Die-namics - In & Out Diagonal Stitched Rectangles Stax
  • Stamps: Visible Image - sentiment (unknown set); Clearly Besotted - Sketched Blooms
  • Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black; Memento - Tuxedo Black
  • Cardstock: Anna Marie Designs - White; Bazzill Basics- Orange
  • Coloured with FlexMarkers

Challenge entries:

Crazy 4 Challenges - Challenge #289 - Sunshine
Brown Sugar - Challenge #149 - Anything Goes
Crafty Catz - Challenge #282 - Stitching
Crafty Cardmakers - Challenge #140 - Stitching




Now, sunsets can be all sorts of colours when you think about it, so for my next card I chose softer pinks and lilacs.



On a small piece of white cardstock I blended four different Distress Inks to create my sunset and then stamped over with a single birch tree image.  I then used a stitched rectangle die to create my panel and mounted this on 3D foam with the sentiment stamped vertically alongside it.  Simple but I love how this turned out.

Materials used:
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Shaded Lilac, Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Birch Trees
  • Die: MFT Die-namics - Stitched Rectangle Stax

The Friday Mashup! - Challenge #212 - Let's Ombre
Virginia's View - Challenge #15 - Ombre
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Anything Goes
Loves Rubberstamps - Challenge #154 - Anything Goes



I've used loads of NBUS (never before used schtuff) on these two cards, both stamp sets and the dies so, Darnell, I hope you'll be proud of me! lol


I hope you have some fun with this challenge and expect glancing at the gallery this week will be a beautiful sight, hope to see you there.


27 comments:

  1. These have certainly got the WOW! factor Anita. Coloured that bloom like a pro and perfect with the deep orange panel! Another set I've not got!!!! Love your delicate sunset on the second one too. Simply stunning. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! I love both of these cards really beautiful. I love the colours of the sunset can't wait to have a go.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful cards as ever Anita... your shading is wonderful!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both gorgeous, Anita! I have that bloom from CBS and your colouring of it is fabulous. The birch tree card is super CAS and such an elegant design :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was coming to say that I loved how you used sunset colours without actually creating a sunset, but you did that too - and it's gorgeous! Love the wistful feeling of the lone tree.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards... Anita...
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards. Your second is so soft and pretty, such a lovely CAS card!

    Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two fabulous cards...just love those wonderful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two fantastic and inspiring cards Anita. LOVE the layout and design with your first card. The offset, smaller red mat really adds a bit pop of colour ... fabulous design! And I love the soft colours of your second card ... perfect with the peaceful scene you've created. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anita your colouring is awesome on that big bold bloom, but the softer panel with the tree is just so, so stylish, love everything about it!
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing cards, Anita! I love the different colours on the 2nd and the bloom on the 1st is stunning! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful view. The colors are so delicate that evoke wonderful frosty winter morning or sunset.
    Regards,
    Bozena

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two gorgeous cards, just goes to show how the same theme can be interpreted in such very different ways. I love the die you've used on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The pastel sunset through the trees is fabulous, along with that stunning "sunset" flower~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely cards! Thanks for joining us this week at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both gorgeous cards! Your flower instantly reminds me of a sunset and its coloured so beautifully. And your other coloured sunset is stunning, love the colours you used.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at Crafty Cardmakers and More.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous cards, Anita! Your flower is so pretty, and it's perfect with the stitched mat...Love the font on the sentiment too! I also love your soft sunset with the birch tree! It's always inspiring to stop by your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful ombre sunset...it's stunning! Thanks for playing along with us at Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely love that CAS ombre sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are both very beautiful card! Thanks for joining our challenge over at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So great to see two totally different cards! Both beautiful! But the threecard attracks me most; so CAS and such great inking! Have a colourfull and inky week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great cards & both of them, I love the die used on the first one that matches the lines in the flower. Thanks for joining us this week at Brown Sugar Challenges. Karal DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous Lim cards xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love both of your cards! Thanks for joining with our Real or Faux Stitching challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and More, good luck and hope to see you again soon

    Hugs, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous cards Anita :-) both of them are beautiful, the colours are fabulous and I love the simple die cut edgings, a simple but lovely finishing touch :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Anita
    two fabulous cards but oh my! your second card is simply stunning - love it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...