Saturday 4 July 2015

CAS in Red, White and Blue

Good morning

As it's Saturday morning I'm back to introduce the new challenge at Less is More.  This week we have a colour challenge for you, which is...


Red, White and Blue

Please remember to keep your creations clean and simple and include some lovely white space


I've got three cards to share with you today, here's the first...



On a white panel I stamped the woodgrain image and the sentiment label.  I then stamped and die cut the leaves, and stamped the red flowers and used the co-ordinating punch to cut these out.  These were layered up onto the card base and a few white pearls added to accent.  Who says leaves have to be green?!

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Background Builders II, Leafy Accents (and co-ordinating die); Altenew - Label Love; Stampin' Up - Petite Petals (and co-ordinating punch)
  • Ink: Versa Color - Atlantic, Baby Blue and Camelia
  • Accents: Hobbycraft - 3mm white pearls


Challenge entries:

Seize The Birthday - Anything Goes with Option of Red, White and Blue
Crafty Catz - Challenge #286 - Anything Goes
Creative Inspirations - Challenge #320 - Anything Goes
Virginia's View - Challenge #16 - 100% Stamped














My second card...



I die cut two pierced squares, one in white and one in blue.  From the white square I then die cut the house detail.  The sentiment was then stamped before adhering the two die cuts together.  The complete square was popped up on 3D foam and I added a small red die cut heart, covered in Glossy Accents.

Materials used:
  • Dies: MFT Dienamics - Pierced Squares; Clearly Besotted - On The Line, Recipe for Love (small heart)
  • Stamp: Clearly Besotted - So Tweet
  • Ink: Versa Color - Sky Blue
  • Accents: Glossy Accents


Challenge entries:

Brown Sugar - Challenge #153 - Red, White and Blue
Crafty Creations - Challenge #292 - Red, White Blue



And my final card is super simple...




On a die cut stitched rounded rectangle I stamped the jeans and sentiment in blue and red.  I wanted there to be some interest behind my image panel so on the card base I stamped some splatters in red and adhered the panel over the top using 3D foam.  A single gemstone was adhered as the jeans button.


Materials used: 
  • Stamp: Stampin' Up - Patterned Occasions, Gorgeous Grunge
  • Ink: Memento - Lady Bug and Danube Blue
  • Die: MFT Die-namics - Rounded Stitched Rectangles
  • Accent: Gem from stash


Challenge entries:

Loves Rubberstamps - Challenge #158 - Celebrations
Just Us Girls - Challenge #300 - Congratulations













My teamies at Less is More have some inspiration on their blogs too so I'm sure they would appreciate you popping by.

That's all from me for now, have a wonderful Saturday!



26 comments:

  1. Such a lovely creation! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic cards! I'd forgotten all about that last "jeans" stamp - you've inspired me to go dig it out! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. hee hee how cute is your JUGS card -- smarty pants :) Love it! Thanks for joining in at JUGS 300!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All perfect CAS cards - I wish that I could make them like that!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great cards, neat color combos

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun...a wonderful trio of red white and blue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How funny your smarty pants card is. Love it. Thanks for joining the celebrations at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so incredibly talented, Anita! I love all three cards...the soft woodgrain border on the first one, the sweet little houses on the 2nd card and the fun blue jeans on the last card...Just perfect for the red, white and blue theme!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow--you are so creative! You've inspired me with these fabulous CAS cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Each one is so unique and fabulously inspirational Anita.
    Love being on the DT with you - great work as always.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You do CAS in the most beautiful way Anita!
    Good to see you at Seize the birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE your cards Anita. Each one is really unique and creative. Love how you've used the same colours in three totally different ways. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all three cards! Love the sentiment on the smarty pants card! Thanks for joining us this week at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Three great cards! Love that blue jean card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anita these are all gorgeous, I love the way you combined your dies to add those houses, that is a fab effect x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all three of your cards! You have a great eye for CAS. Love the smarty pants phrase! Thanks for joining the Just Us Girls team and I for our 300th Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great cards, but my fav is the little houses - so CAS love it.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such great cards, I love your clean and simple style on these! thanks so much for joining us at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are GORGEOUS!!! Love your CAS designs! :-D Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges this fortnight. I hope to see you again. :-D
    Milka DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both gorgeous Anita - I love that house die cut!! The second card made me chuckle - whenever I see grunge in red it makes me think of blood spatters - I think I would have reversed the colours and lost the denim look and gone with red trousers and blue splatters; I don't know why, I just can's help it! I love the interest that the stitched rectangle adds to your card.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Not one but three fabulous cards all beautifully CAS and such great takes on the theme.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great Cas cards Neets xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  23. A trio of delight, Anita...CAS-ilicious in every way! The 'smarty pants'...tooooo funny!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  24. Three amazing cards, that are great inspiration...thank you for sharing...x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous cards Anita :-) all of them are stunning!
    I do love the smarty pants one, made me smile and a perfect alternative for graduation!

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous flowers and it all goes so well with the stamp you have chosen! Thank you for joining our challenge at Crafty Catz and please come back again.
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...