Tuesday 27 October 2015

Addicted to Stamps and More #168

Hi guys

My regular late night post means it's time for another new challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More.  And we're back with one of our regular challenges too...


Addicted to Holidays
We are looking for holiday themes such as Christmas, Easter, public holidays, or of course a vacation/holiday theme


Our sponsors this week are DeeDee's Digis who are offering a $15 coupon for their store, and Rosey Hearts where the prize this week is 5 digis!


I decided to go with the Christmas theme as time is running out and I've not even started making the bulk of my Christmas cards yet!



I used this fun image and sentiment from a set called Merry and Bright by DeeDee's Digis printed onto white cardstock.  I cut out the main image with a stitched tag die and coloured it in with ProMarkers.  I cut another tag from some Christmas patterned paper.  I was going to use a plain white card base but it looked like something was missing so I decided to go with the greens in the image and covered the entire card base with some green cardstock.  I offset the two tags and adhered them in place, punched a hole and added some metallic red cord.  I then used a fishtail flag die to cut out the sentiment and popped this up on 3D foam.

Usually for finishing touches I grab Wink of Stella or Glossy Accents but I tried out something else on this one...white flock!  I got this free with a magazine years ago.  I added a small amount to the 'fur' on his hat.  I've tried to capture it in the pic below.



Materials used:

  • Digi Images: DeeDee's Digis - Merry and Bright
  • Dies: MFT Die-namics - Stitched Tags, Fishtail Flag Stax
  • Patterned Paper: Doodlebug - Santa Express
  • Coloured with ProMarkers
  • Accents: Metallic red cord and white flock from stash

Thanks so much for popping by today, and please pop by the ATSM blog if you have time, my teamies are sharing some great creations this week.



8 comments:

  1. How cute are these little penguins!! :) Love the tag design and colorful papers!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute Christmas card, Anita! I love the patterned paper and bright green background, and your coloring is just beautiful, as always! Love how you added flock to the Santa hat, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those penguins are adorable - such a fun card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute image and I love your idea of using the tags. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tee hee...how cute are these penguins trying untangle - or tangle - themselves from the lights! So sweet!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet - love the cute little penguins! Love the texture on the Santa hat - great touch! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable, Anita! Love your sweet penguins x

    ReplyDelete
  8. eeek cute Image
    and love the double tag on your card Anita
    really cute card
    my finger is tired now
    I just commented on 30 DT member at House Of Cards challenge blog haha ok minus 1 its me
    also now only a small comment
    love this Anita so cute

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...