Saturday 17 October 2015

It's All About the Boys

Good Morning!

It's time for yet another new challenge at Less is More, where on earth are these weeks going?  We're back with a Theme challenge for you this week and it's certainly one that I always struggle with, we want your creations to be.....


Masculine
Please remember to keep your creations clean and simple



So, without further ado, here are some examples for you...





A while ago I received a lovely gesture from the very sweet Barb Ghig of Barb's Studio Creations. She had seen a comment I had made about not being able to get hold of Papertrey Ink products in the UK without paying really high shipping costs so she very sweetly sent me lots, and I mean lots (!!!), of die cut images, all by Papertrey Ink.  Thanks once again, Barb, you are so so kind!  My stash has been all over the place for a while but I finally used one of them on this card.

I stamped various sunburst images to create the background directly on my card base.  I then used the 'happy' die cut word and coloured it with a black ProMarker and adhered it to the card base.  I stamped the sentiment offset below in black, and a few tiny black gemstones were scattered around before smothering the 'happy' with Glossy Accents.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Sunburst, Sentimental Type
  • Die: Papertrey Ink - Wet Paint
  • Ink: Versa Color - Topaz, Khaki, Atlantic, Bamboo; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Accents: Glossy Accents; Black gemstones from stash


Challenge entries:

Creative Inspirations - Challenge #331 - Clean and Simple
Crafty Catz - Challenge #297 - Anything Goes




Card two...



I adhered a piece of striped patterned paper to the bottom section of the card.  I then cut a thin strip of blue cardstock and adhered this along the top of the paper to give it a clean edge, and doodled a faux stitched line using a black fineliner pen.  The celebrate flag is from a free set I recently received from Clearly Besotted and this was stamped at the top in black ink and a few co-ordinating Doodlebug Sprinkles were added to finish.

Materials used:

  • Patterned Paper: Hot Off The Press - Cardmakers Ultimate Pack (years old!)
  • Stamp: Clearly Besotted - Flag Sentiments
  • Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Accents: Derwent Graphik Line Maker pen; Doodlebug Sprinkles - Blue Jean, Limeade and Bon Bon


Challenge entry:

A Gem of a Challenge - Challenge #155 - Spots and/or Stripes




And finally, one for the younger male...




I'm always lacking in my stock of these cards so thought this was a good opportunity to make one!  I used a rectangle die to cut out a piece of polka dot patterned paper and adhered this flat to my card base.  I stamped the train, die cut with its co-ordinating die, and then coloured it in with ProMarkers.  The train was then popped up on 3D foam and the sentiment from the same set stamped below.

Materials used:
  • Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities - Classic Rectangles; Clearly Besotted - Going Places
  • Patterned Paper: Doodlebug - Kraft in Color paper pad
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Going Places
  • Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black
  • Coloured with ProMarkers



If you have the time, please pop by my teamies' personal blogs where they will be sharing more inspiration with you.  I'm looking forward to seeing your creations in the gallery this week to give ME some inspiration for masculine cards!

Bye for now


20 comments:

  1. Oh these are so beautiful. It really proves the point LESS is MORE. I feel it's a brave crafters world to have a CAS type card. It's like a breath of fresh air - and I don't intimidated, it inspires me to have a go. But I'm sure your style has been developed over many years - it's truly wonderful. The the basis has to be quality card stock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cards Anita! You needn't fear masculine as these are just perfect. How sweet of Barb to send those die cuts over and it works brilliantly with the sunburst set, which I almost used too! Crisp, clean and classy to the second one and I also wanted to use that little banner set!!! Great minds! Then the cute little train, perfect for the little guys in vibrant colours and striking against the spotty background - definitely another of my go to sets for men! Hope you are feeling better soon. Hugs Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning cards, Anita! Love the glossy die cut against the starbursts. Barb is always so kind and thoughtful! Love the cute train as well which would probably go down well with big boys too :) Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love your style Anita! And that card with the train is just awesome! Åsa xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE these masculine cards Anita! I always struggle with hem myself. These are just great! Have a lovely weekend! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous! I really struggle with masculine cards too, but this is fabulous inspiration. That is so kind of Barb to send you PTI die cuts. Crafters are amazing, aren't they? Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anita
    you are not BAD at making MANLY CARD wooohooooo you rock girl

    First one I never made manly card with flower stamp but you did it
    see you are clever to make that circle and flower together and HAPPY and voila you made lovely manly card

    the second one so simple and I love the add of your faux stitching great choice of paper Anita yay this one is really manly feel too (I never put enamle dots on manly card also nearly no embelishment but you choose the right colors, clever)

    Last card too cuuuteee
    my son Kevin as he was five he always look at the THOMAS and HIS FRIEND serial
    he must be thrilled if he was getting this card at he was five
    but now he is 11 hehehe and I adore your boys card too
    clever idea

    I will join and I hope I can save my time to join LESS IS MORE
    cause I love making manly card as you now sweety
    hugs and happy Sunday tomorrow

    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love these three Clean and Simple cards especially the first one. I particularly like the glossy accents in the greeting. Thank you for joining in with the 'Anything Goes' challenge at Crafty Catz. Mia - GDT Member xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, these are awesome, you have an amazing eye for CAS...FAB! I am having a World Kindness Day giveaway on my blog, stop by and enter to win some great stamp sets and inks!

    http://paperieblooms.blogspot.com/2015/10/the-best-day-ever.html

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards! I never have enough masculine cards and have 2 little guys' birthdays coming up. Love your sweet train idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cas cards thanks for playing at agoac. I have some candy on offer

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic cards all of them love the shine on the sentiment on the first and the beautiful casness of them all.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great cards Anita, especially the steam train, my grandson would love that!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hola Anita, thank you for your very kind comment.
    Your manly card is sooo original, clever design and colours, gound -breaking card for man, well done!
    Thoma is a great idea for a boy!
    A warm hug from Palma

    ReplyDelete
  15. What totally amazing cards Anita, these are all stunners, the little train is ace!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous masculine cards, Anita! You've done an amazing job choosing all the right stamps, papers, and elements for each card, and of course your designs are just beautiful! I'm so happy that you are enjoying your goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. A great creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous creation.

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz for our Anything Goes challenge.

    Good luck.

    Tracey DTxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your cards Anita and that HoTP paper is a blast from the past!!.. think I have it still somewhere ;) The bright coloured train on the black polka paper is so simple yet so eye-catching.. love it x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...