Friday 16 October 2015

You are Beautiful

Good evening crafters

I've had the day off work today and even though I'm nursing a horrible bug I managed to find some time to create.  I've made a card to combine a few challenges.

At CASology this week the cue word is 'You' so that was my starting point for this card.

I'm also going to link this one up at Addicted to CAS where they want to see some 'Sparkle'.

And finally, I'm linking up at Creative Inspirations where they want to see either Clean and Simple or Fussy and Fancy, and anyone that knows me and my cards will know that I'm going for the clean and simple option!



I started by blending together two Distress Inks on a scrap of white cardstock and die cut this out using the 'you' word die.  I stamped the stem and flowers onto the card base before adhering the word die.  I then stamped the sentiment nestled underneath in co-ordinating ink as I felt black would have been too harsh for the soft and pretty design.  Three glazed gems were added to the centres of the flowers, and a coating of clear Wink of Stella was added to the 'You' for some shimmer and sparkle.

Materials used:

  • Die: Avery Elle - Simply Said You
  • Ink: Distress Inks - Spun Sugar, Shaded Lilac; Versa Color - Sage, Petal Pink, Hyacinth
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted - A Little Something, Thank You
  • Accents: Wink of Stella - Clear; Gems from stash




























Thanks so much for visiting, I'll be back in the morning with information about the new challenge at Less is More.


18 comments:

  1. Look so soft the colors..I love your YOU sentiment Die Anita...really a star of the show...great idea...luv this Anita
    Hugs.
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I LOVE those soft pretty colours Anita! And that sparkle . . . just lovely! Hazekl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Creative Inspirations! Good luck,
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  4. So subtle, beautiful, classy and CAS Anita
    Love it and a super challenge combo.
    Thanks for playing along at ATCAS. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh Anita it is just perfect I love it. The colours are so soft and pretty. Kathy at Daily Marker has been doing some soft colouring and it has really caught my eye then you do this. Its wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, delicate card. Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! Love those soft beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! So soft and gentle - and the WoS just adds a little bit of pizzazz. Hope you're feeling better soon. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is a special one. So delicate, very pretty and perfectly executed. I absolutely love it...less is really more and this is stunningly beautiflu x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this "you" die (I used it, too!) and I'm always amazed at what a beautiful effect some Wink of Stella has on an inked die cut! The soft colors of this card are just so beautiful...perfectly paired colors with the sentiment of the card. Just gorgeous! I hope you are feeling better...thanks for joining in with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the soft colours on your gorgeous card, Anita, and the touch of sparkle from the WOS and the tiny gems is just perfect! Thanks for playing long with CASology this week!
    PS Hope you're feeling better too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty, Anita! Lovely design in soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another really gorgeous card, Anita! I love how you blended your inks on the die cut sentiment, and your flowers are so sweet! I do hope you're feeling better by now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I meant to add...I love all the pretty sparkle on this card, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on the win at CASology, really well deserved, a real stand out card, absolutely loved this card, a real stunner! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the soft colored sparkling, great design too. Thanks for joining us over at ATCAS

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on your well deserved win at CASology, Anita! Your card is absolutely stunning, and I can't wait to see what you create as Guest Designer!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow ! This is the prettiest of the sparkling you :) love it, thank you for sharing with ATCAS !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...