Tuesday 2 February 2016

Happy Little Stampers February 2016 CAS Challenge

Hi guys

We've got a new CAS challenge for you just starting over at Happy Little Stampers.  Our CAS challenges this year are technique based and this month we have a really fun one for you.





Happy Little Stampers are sponsoring this month's challenge and one lucky winner will receive a stamp set from HLS!



I had great fun with this technique which was something I'd never tried before, so I made two cards!  If you're unsure of how to do embossing folder stamping there are some tutorials included over on the challenge post to help you.



For this card I lightly inked up my embossing folder with two of my mini Distress Ink pads, spritzed with water and then stamped onto my card.  I actually found it easier to place my card over the open EF rather than lift the EF and stamp with it.  Once dry I cut the panel down with a stitched rectangle die and stamped the sentiment with the same blue shade of Distress Ink.  The rest of the sentiment was embossed in white onto a strip of navy blue cardstock and trimmed into a flag before adhering to the panel.  I added a few glazed stars and popped the panel up on 3D foam strips.

Materials used:

  • Embossing Folder: Darice - Stars Assorted
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Blueprint Sketch and Crushed Olive; VersaMark
  • Die: MFT Die-namics - Stitched Rectangles
  • Stamps: Happy Little Stampers - Bold Birthday Sentiments
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Opaque Bright White
  • Accents: Papermania Sparkling Stars - Assorted Brights and Assorted Pastels

Challenge entries:

Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes (no topping this time)
Simply Create Too - Challenge #101 - New (new to me technique)
Pinterest Inspired Challenge - February Challenge - image
















And a more feminine style for my second card...




I chose the negative side of the embossing folder for this one.  Try it both ways, you get very different effects.  Again I inked up my embossing folder with Distress Inks, spritzed and stamped onto some cardstock.  I cut the panel down and matted it onto some pink cardstock to frame it above and below.  This was adhered to the card base and the butterfly was stamped and die cut using its co-ordinating die, adhered on 3D foam and accented with some clear Wink of Stella.  The sentiment was stamped in black to finish the card.

Materials used:

  • Embossing Folder: Darice - Bold Daisy
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Picked Raspberry and Dusty Concord; Versa Color - Grape; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Stamps: Happy Little Stampers - Butterfly Birthday
  • Die: Happy Little Stampers - Butterfly Dies
  • Accents: Wink of Stella - Clear

Challenge entries:

Just Us Girls - Challenge #328 - Wild Card Week  - Tic Tac Toe (I chose Die Cuts/Stamps/Flowers)











The Paper Players - Challenge #280 - Tic Tac Toe (I chose Die Cuts/Pink/Girly)














So, why not have a go at this great technique and link up at the challenge blog.  You have the whole of February to play along.


19 comments:

  1. Lovely fresh colours on that inspiration card of yours Anita and that second card is also a beauty! Two very different looks from the same technique here! Have a lovely evening my friend! Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  2. The results are really quite stunning - what an amazing technique. I particularly like the flowers in purples and pinks. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards, Anita! My favorite is your first one - love it! Its fabulous to be GDT with you guys this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your JUGS card -- so pretty. Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, these are both gorgeous! I especially love your background on the first one -- fabulous take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are wonderful! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome cards, Anita! Absolutely in love with blue/green starry on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards and I especially love the starry background you created! Thanks so much for joining us at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards! I love your ink work! Glad you shared one with the Players!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes! Both are fantastic!

    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very cool...what wonderful techniques! I love the colors that you used on the butterfly card, very springy! Thanks for sharing this with the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love both of these Anita - the second one in particular is really eye-catching! I really like the effect of the spritzing - will have to give this a try. Thanks for joining us for tic-tac-toe over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So very stylish! The background on the butterfly card is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous stamping Anita, I love the mix of colours you used with that fab watercolour effect!
    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning x two, Anita! You've perfected this technique! I'm aiming to give it a try, since technically it isn't full on watercolouring (which I can NOT do...stress-inducing). Fingers crossed I'll have something to share! You are such an inspiration!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both your usual great cards, but I specially love the starry one

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! I love the backgrounds you created!! Thanks for playing with us at Simply Create Too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome cards!! Love the watercoloring!! Thanks for play along with us at the Pinterest Inspired Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...