Wednesday 4 May 2016

Clearly Besotted May Release - Cool Dude & All In Onesie (Guest Designer!)

Hi there

Welcome to Day 3 of my teaser cards for the upcoming Clearly Besotted May Release.  All the sets will be available to purchase from the Clearly Besotted store on 5 May at 10pm BST.

Today my cards have been made using two great sets, Cool Dude and All In Onesie.


Cool Dude
This mini set features the most adorable turtle images with fun sentiments.  I think this is my favourite from the whole release this month.




I started by blending some blue Distress Inks up from the bottom corner.  I then inked through a stencil to create the seaweed using two shades of green.  This is a stencil I recently purchased at a papercraft show and is actually hanging vines, so I flipped it and used it upside down.  I then stamped the turtle, fish and bubbles in waterproof ink before watercolouring with Distress Inks.  I finished by heat embossing the sentiment in white onto a green die cut flag from Clearly Besotted's Tag Along set and mounted my panel on 3D foam to the base.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Cool Dude
  • Stencil: The Crafters Workshop - Mini Moving Vines
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Salty Ocean, Tumbled Glass, Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint, Gathered Twigs, Brushed Corduroy, Crushed Olive, Spiced Marmalade; Archival - Jet Black; VersaMark
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Opaque Bright White
  • Die: Clearly Besotted - Tag Along (discontinued)

Challenge entries:

613 Avenue Create - Challenge #174 - Anything Goes (optional Beach/Nautical elements)
Sweet Stampin' Challenge - Water theme
Cute Card Thursday - Challenge #423 - No Patterned Papers
Dream Valley - Challenge #130 - All Creatures Great and Small



All In Onesie
This cute set features charactors wearing animal onesies and birthday sentiments for ages one, two and three.



I decided to use the little character wearing the penguin onesie and made it into a Christmas card!  I used a pierced square die to cut the snowy background from patterned paper, and also cut a white square and used the Clearly Besotted Tree Landscape die to create the foreground.  I don't have any dark enough grey ProMarkers so I stamped the image in waterproof ink and watercoloured with my Zig pens.  I then masked the onesie image to stamp the present, also from this new set, which was also watercoloured with Zig pens.  I then used the sentiment from the Clearly Besotted Santa Baby set.  The two layers were adhered together and mounted on 3D foam.

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted - All In Onesie, Santa Baby
  • Ink: Archival - Jet Black; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Coloured with Zig Clean Color Real Brush pens
  • Patterned Paper: Lawn Fawn - Let's Bokeh In the Snow
  • Die: Clearly Besotted - Tree Landscape Die

Challenge entries:


Of course, the amazing Design Team and my fellow guesties are sharing more teasers with you today which you can find linked from here.

Thanks so much for popping by.  I'll be back tomorrow with my final two teaser cards ahead of the launch tomorrow night.  Hope to see you soon!


10 comments:

  1. Love these, Anita. So cute. Your turtle card is my favourite card from this release. It is amazing! Love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaawwww - two super-cute cards Anita - love the happy little Turtle and the matching sentiment - really made me smile! The Penguin onesie is awesome - great masking too. FABULOUS!
    Enjoy the rest of your week - Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the feeling of space and depth you've created on the first one. Reminds me of Finding Nemo! Gorgeous cute second card too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another 2 fabulous cards today - you're convincing me that I just have to have Cool Dude, after seeing cards as lovely as you've made!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Anita. I so love your cards! They are just precious, a great job on them both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply fabulous and asked cute Anita! Well done! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your turtle card is just darling, Anita. Having that stencil was perfect for the seaweed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is the cutest turtle ever! Fab card, very cleverly done. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two utterly gorgeous cards Neets. Love that wee turtle, he IS turtley awesome! (I say that to my five year old occasionally, so really made me smile!) Love your colouring and the fabulous watery scene, the seaweed is fab, so clever to use the stencil upside down. Such a perfect card for our current challenge at Sweet Stampin'. Thanks for joining our 'water' challenge this week. Come join us again soon. Hugs, Wends x Sweet Stampin' DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your CAS turtle card! Thank you for sharing with us at Dream Valley challenges. Shona xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...