Tuesday 2 August 2016

CASology Guest Designer!

Hi guys

Today I'm thrilled to be Guest Designer over at CASology for this week's challenge!



I was delighted and stunned to win the 'Rough' challenge recently so I'm honoured to have been invited to join the team this week. Here's this week's cue word...



For my card I did some watercolouring with my Zig markers.  I was away at the Happy Little Stampers Craft Retreat this weekend so without letting on I stamped and embossed this lovely magnolia (thanks for the loan of the set, Sarah, and for the loan of the embossing powder, Carol!) and then watercoloured it when I was back home yesterday morning!



On some watercolour cardstock I stamped the flower in VersaMark ink and heat embossed in white.  This was then masked while I stamped the leaves and the bud, which were also then heat embossed.  I then used the wet on wet technique to colour the image, gradually building up the colour from the marker.  I also added some blue around the edge and blended this out.  The image was then die cut using a double stitched circle die before adhering on 3D foam and stamping the image onto the card base.

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Altenew - Magnolias for Her and Beautiful Lady
  • Ink: VersaMark, Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Die: MFT Die-namics - Double Stitched Circle Stax
  • Cardstock: Daler Rowney - Aquafine Watercolour
  • Coloured with Zig Clean Colour Real Brush Markers - Light Violet, Deep Green, Light Blue

Challenge entries:

Altenew - August Inspiration Challenge
The Crafter's Cafe - Challenge #154 - Flowers
AAA Cards - Challenge #70 - Stitching
Addicted to Stamps and More - Challenge #204 - CAS
Uniko - Challenge #34 - Flowers

August2016_AltenewInspirationChallenge_Therese_2


Thanks so much for visiting today.  I'll be back later this evening to announce this month's CAS challenge at Happy Little Stampers.





17 comments:

  1. Beautiful make, love your muted colour palette

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS! Love this! I am completely inspired to get this set out right now! So great to have you as GD this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful watercoloring, and I love your design, Anita! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, how perfectly gorgeous. Exquisite pastel colours and that double stitched circle make this an absolute stunner! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great CAS card! I love the pale colors that were so beautifully watercolored! Thanks for sharing this lovely card with us at Addicted to Stamps and More challenge blog--please join us again soon!
    :) Marie--ATSM--DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply outstanding!!! Soft and precious and perfect!
    So good to have you as our guest this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty delicate watercolouring - works very well with the white embossing x

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Neets where did you say this stamp was from???? hehehe! I could never come up with such beautiful and subtle water colours. It's so serene and elegant with stitched detailed to perfection. So thrilled to see you've linked it up at AAA Cards too. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is sooo beautifuly colored! So gentle, I love your CAS card, realy simple but powerfull design. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful ... so delicate. CAS and elegant, just brilliant !
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh your magnolia is so beautifully coloured, what a sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So soft and pretty, Anita! So great to have you guest designing with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooopsie! Just spotted you've linked up at Uniko with this stunner!!! Great stamp I have to say!
    Thanks so much for playing along teamie! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Anita!! Your card is so pretty!! I love the flower colors. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning CAS card, Anita...amazing soft coloring...hugs Zeljka

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! Love the simplicity of your card composition and your watercoloring is awesome. Stunning card. Thanks so much for joining in on the Uniko Challenge and my apologies for my delay in commenting. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...