After taking a break for a couple of weeks I'm back playing along with my teamies at Less is More today and as we're at the beginning of another month it's the turn of our Colour challenge. And this time we want to see...
And for the month of April we have a fab new sponsor which is
I have three cards to share with you this week and for my first card I chose pastel yellow, green and blue...
On a panel of white cardstock I stamped a background using VersaMark, applied some white embossing powder but then brushed off around the edge before heating so there were no hard edges. I then watercoloured within the pattern using three colours of Distress Inks. A simple Happy die cut and a white embossed sentiment strip finished the design which was popped up on fun foam.
- Stamps: Kaiserkraft - Morocco; Clearly Besotted - Sentimental Type
- Ink: VersaMark; Distress Ink - Squeezed Lemonade, Cracked Pistachio and Tumbled Glass
- Embossing Powder: Wow! - Opaque Bright White
- Die: Wplus9 - Happy Trio
Fab Friday - Challenge #109 - Sketch (turned from portrait to landscape)
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
For my second card I used a stamp by our April sponsor, Lili of the Valley...
I kept this one really simple by stamping the image onto a panel of Strathmore Bristol smooth cardstock and then watercoloured using Zig markers. A sentiment was stamped alongside in black and the panel was popped up onto a card base made with the same cardstock so there was no variation in colour.
- Stamps: Lili of the Valley - Flower Arranging; Woodware - Salutations
- Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black
- Watercoloured with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers
Just Add Ink - Challenge #353 - Just Add Critters
Alphabet Challenge Blog - B is for Bunnies
And I went for a one layer card for my third design, using pastel pink, lilac and mint shades...
I stamped the abstract images, all from the same stamp set, to create a horizontal strip background. I then overstamped with the bold sentiment in black, and re-inked using the MISTI to create a bold, sharp impression. That was it, super simple.
- Stamps: Inkadinkado - Circles and Dots; MFT - Brushstroke Birthday
- Ink: Altenew - Mountain Mist, Soft Lilac, Rose Quartz; Versafine - Onyx Black
CAS-ual Fridays - Challenge #170 - No Dies Allowed
Thanks so much for visiting today. If you have time please do take a moment to check out my teamies' personal blogs as there will be lots more inspiration there too.