Monday 4 September 2017

Muse Challenge #232 - Swirly Colour Lifting

Hi guys

These months are flying by far too fast this year and it's my turn to be your designer again over at Muse this week.  I love it, of course, but it only seems like last week I was writing my last Muse post!

Hopefully you can grab some inspiration from my card this week.  I've included masking, ink blending, stencilling (water spritz colour lift), a glossy die cut and embossed sentiment strip.  Or perhaps you can take the colours or layout as your starting point.

Here it is...


I seem to be drawn to the purple/blue/green combo quite a lot but I haven't used these particular shades of ink together before.  I masked a diagonal strip of a white cardstock panel and blended the three Distress Ink colours.  With the masks still in place I laid a swirly stencil over the ink blending, spritzed with water, removed the stencil and waited a few moments before blotting with a paper towel to remove some of the colour.  I still love the moment the masks are removed and reveal those lovely clean lines of blending against the white!  I popped the panel up on fun foam before adding a black die cut sentiment and the remainder of the sentiment heat embossed in white on a strip of black.  I finished by adding some Glossy Accents to the die cut to give it some shine.

Materials used:

  • Ink: Distress Ink - Dusty Concord, Faded Jeans, Pine Needles; VersaMark
  • Stencil: Neat & Tangled - Swirly Twirly
  • Die: Wplus9 - Sending Hoping Wishing
  • Stamp: Altenew - Beautiful Lady
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Opaque Bright White
  • Accents: Ranger - Glossy Accents


Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you can play along this week, it will be great to see your interpretations of this one.

6 comments:

  1. Such a lot to admire in your gorgeous card. Love the blending, the water lift technique throught the stencil and the pop of shiny black x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card...love those sweet colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Beautiful inking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning! I love the colours and the lovely words. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Anita, love your swirly colourful stripe and bold black sentiment, awesome mf ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Anita. Like the colors and the color lifting technique you used :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...