Saturday 28 April 2018

My Stencil Organisation

Hi guys

I thought I'd pop by today and share with you how I store my stencils. 

I've had them in a ring binder for a while, which is where they still live, but I wasn't happy with the internal organisation.

For about a year I've just had them in normal A4 punched pockets but it wasn't a good use of space.  After being on the lookout for ages I managed to find some A4 photo sleeves which were divided into two pockets.

I trimmed down some copier paper to slip into each pocket...


And I can now store at least four stencils in each sleeve, either side of the paper insert, as opposed to only two previously.  And I  have labels on the outside of each pocket with the manufacturer and design name.

Stencils measuring 7" by 4 1/2", such as those by STAMPlorations fit happily...


My Dutch Doobadoo stencils measuring 8 1/4" x 6" fit snugly, only protruding very slightly above the pockets...


Any 6" x 6" such as My Favorite Things and Altenew can be housed in here too, only protruding very slightly out the top...


I have a few smaller stencils, these are from GlitzCraft and these fit nicely side by side...


The sets of mini stencils by Tim Holtz I've got stored together in their own pocket, and they only overlap very slightly...


Just the taller Tim Holtz stencils I have stored in standard punched pockets, two side by side as they are too long to store horizontally...


And here's the cute binder I use to store them (Bramble Wood range from W H Smith, here in the UK).  I bought a few binders from the same range a while ago (not sure if they are still available).  I'm also in the process of creating some swatches, which will also be stored in one of these but using coin pockets.


As I don't have a proper craft 'room' I don't have enough shelf or drawer space to store mine so this binder fits nicely in the cupboard within my desk.  I also have all my stencils catalogued using Evernote online software, and they are organised alphabetically in the binder by manufacturer, so super easy to find what I need.

So there you have it.  I hope this might give you some ideas if you're looking for a way to store your stencils.

Bye for now :)

2 comments:

  1. So very organised Anita! mine are just in one of my many baskets...will have to do for now lol. Thanks for your good wishes also ;)hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great Anita! Mine are all shoved, carefully, into a drawer. I have a small craft room but the mish mash of furniture and storage is not very efficient lol! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...