Wednesday 26 February 2014

Eyelet Accents

Hi there

Tonight I've made a card and managed to combine a few challenges.

The first challenge is at Less Is More and this week the recipe is to use any kind of metal on our creations.

There is another challenge this week at Daring Cardmakers and the theme there is 'Old but not Forgotten'.

When I first started cardmaking many years ago I used a lot of eyelets and brads but these have been abandoned for a year or so and certainly since I started blogging, so I thought I'd give my eyelets an airing.

Until now I've used them to accent corners or to thread ribbon through but I went in a different direction today and used them to accent my stamped image...





When looking through my stamps this one just jumped out at me as it had little rings which were perfect to accent with the eyelets.  I stamped the image on a white panel and randomly affixed the coloured eyelets.  I chose a bright pink card base but didn't want the pink to show through the holes in the eyelets so I adhered a scrap of black cardstock behind the eyelet section before attaching the panel to the cardbase with 3D foam strips.  And there you have it, so easy.

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Marion Emberson Designs - On your special day; Clearly Besotted Stamps - Many Messages
  • Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Eyelets and cardstock from stash

I would also like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Addicted to Stamps and More - Challenge #84 - Clean and Simple
Dynamic Duos - #91 - Triple Threat Week











I never thought I'd really like a card using eyelets and I'd pretty much left them hidden away in my craft cupboard, never to be used again!  I'd love it if you'd leave a comment to let me know what you think, and share if there's anything in your stash that you've abandoned.  You never know, use it in a different way and you just might surprise yourself! :)

Bye for now

25 comments:

  1. This is a BRILLIANT way to use up your stash! I gave all my eyelets away recently, thinking I'd never use them again, but then I didn't have any in these colours. Perfect for the DD challenge! I like your little (but important detail) of backing them with black. Fan-tab-ulous CAS card! Thanks for sharing with us at the Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Card Concept (Floral)? Now you've got me wishing I still had some eyelets! These look fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yes, forgot about that one, will link up now. Thank you :)

      Delete
    2. Just noticed that I can only combine Card Concept with max of 2 other challenges so can't take part this time. Thank you for the tip though :) x

      Delete
  3. Love the way you used brads on the flowers! They give a lovely pop of colour. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant use of those eyelets!
    And to top it all... such a beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Brilliant idea, beautiful result. I love this card - now where did I hide my brads .....
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anita this is stunning, I love it, such a cool and original idea. Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really clever idea, I have this stamp and I,I've it too. Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you used the eyelets here! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant use of the eyelets Neet!
    I love this card!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your use of eyelets. They really add to the flowers.

    Aileen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fantastic! It makes me think I might still try to get into eyelets...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great card Anita :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really stunning Neet! Such a fantastic and inventive use of the brads! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow...this is just so sweet. I love how you used those eyelets, I am know kicking myself for getting rid of all that I had. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just lovely Neet. I too have lots of neglected eyelets and brads. Did you see how many brads Alica (no 51) used on her card too?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Neet this is stunning, what clever use of those eyelets. Sorry to be so late visiting, thanks for joining in this week at LIM for the metal challenge.
    Anne
    Guest LIM commenter :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome use of those eyelets! A gorgeous CAS card. So creative and lovely. Thanks for joining us this week at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great CAS card. Love the use of eyelets. Thanks for joining the fun at ATSM. Monika

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a brilliant idea, they look like the enamel dots everyones using but special ones. Card looks great, very eye catching.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so genius, Anita!! It so deserved the win from ATSM!! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats Anita, your idea with the eyelets is simply brilliant! I adore!
    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  22. You were saying something about brilliant ideas in your comment yesterday...
    So glad this card got the recognition(s) it deserves!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...